Friday, May 28, 2010

Things I am thankful for

My sister
The Desert
All of my close friends
Portland Oregon
Olympia Washington
The rain, although relentless
Sexual health
Showers, Indoor and Outdoor
Thick handwriting
That song "jilted"
Tomato starts
Salad
Fiber
Fermentation
I'm getting older it's okay
what do you want to do before you die?
The bushes hang low and heavy and red
Bees
My partner
Feathers littering the ground
Porches
Hearing skills

Last night I went to Evergreen State College lecture hall number 2 to see a new animated feature called Moon Diary by my friend Erin Tanner and animator Curtis Randolph. It was amazing and it made me dream of teeth with crowns and the substance of a headache. Erin has always been very inspiring to me artistically, utilizing rainbows, long legs, innermost hurts and sudden fleeting moments of animal joy. This this work is beautiful beyond belief. The DVD will be released sometime soon, after that it will be avaliable to watch in one year on the internet.


No comments: